Information for Prospective Sponsors|
By sponsoring the NUbot competition team or research in the Newcastle Robotics Laboratory you will be given the opportunity to:
- Be involved with cutting edge research into robotics and machine intelligence.
- Support a team of some of the most talented students of our University.
- Be part of the exciting national and international RoboCup initiative. It can be regarded the largest research event in artificial intelligence and robotics. It is a yearly high profile technology (and sports !) event involving many of the best robotics research groups from around the world and there is tremendous media exposure.
The NUbot team is regularly engaged in a variety of robotics research projects and associtated publicity events.
Suggestions for sponsors:
- Support of our student competition team to be able to participate in the yearly RoboCup event.
- Summer scholarships for undergraduate students at a cost of approx $3,000 per student.
- Masters/PhD scholarships: Support a postgraduate
student to do research in the robotics lab. Linkage with external industry projects are possible (see more details below).
- Postdoctoral position: Some of our graduating research students would like to continue their work in the Newcastle Robotics Lab after finishing their theses and degrees. For these highly skilled researchers we seek funding for a postdoctoral position. Linkage with interested industry collaborators is encouraged.
- For the next years we plan a series of new research projects in application areas related to robotics, vision processing, data mining and artificial intelligence. By becoming a sponsoring partner you can become involved in the development of exiting new technologies for the future.
Benefits for sponsors can include, for example:
- Team or laboratory naming
- Company web
- Story in the
- Company logo on team T-shirts
- Invitation to
faculty donor event
- Research collaboration with our highly skilled team of experts
ARC Linkage grants: The Australian Research Council (ARC) has a grant scheme to support collaboration between industry and university. Through this scheme collaborative projects can receive substantial leverage on initial cash contributions.
Note that the NUbots are a high profile group which achieved world champion titles in 2006 and in 2008 (as part of the NUManoids team). They have attracted outstanding media attention in press, radio, TV, live TV, nationally and internationally with a circulation of over a million in past years. The lab is also very successful in research, attracts some of the best students and is regularly involved in marketing and publicity events.
To discuss possibilities of research collaboration and/or sponsorship please contact A/Prof. Stephan Chalup, phone: +61 2 492 16080, email: Stephan.Chalup @newcastle.edu.au.